Location: Kanata, ON, CANADA
Position: Full time – Purchaser
Industry: Refurbished Telecommunications & Data communications equipment provider
• Develop strategic supplier sourcing and strategies. Selection of appropriate suppliers for the repair and replacement of telecom and defence equipment.
• Perform all necessary research required for vendor selection and new supplier approval processes.
• Prepare and make requests for quotations and comparison of quotes.
• Negotiate pricing and delivery schedules for components including annual contracts. Selection of the supplier and follow through to the conclusion of contracts.
• Process and expedite purchase orders and resolve discrepancies as needed.
• Work closely with the Finance Department to implement and manage cost reduction projects and realize annual goals of cost savings, cost avoidance and recovery.
• Provide support in Supplier Quality Assurance; assessments of new and existing suppliers.
• Interact and communicate on a regular basis with other departments to provide necessary information and products required for production purposes.
• Interface with supply base for continuous improvement process to provide process efficiencies and cost reductions.
• Perform other essential and related peripheral duties as may be assigned.
• Professional training in a technical discipline or business administration preferred
• Experienced purchasing electronic or electro-mechanical components experience preferred
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills are essential
• Requires self-motivated individual able to work in a team environment
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Production & Inventory Manager Certification an asset
• Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Suite essential
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).