Our engineering department is looking for a high-energy, out-of-the-box thinker to envision and implement novel concepts. The ideal candidate requires a solid understanding of electronics with a hands-on approach and the ability to continuously learn new concepts.
• Develop new, evaluate potential, and improve existing diagnostic methods and test procedures suitable for a wide range of legacy and new electronic products.
• Reverse-engineer complex electronic boards, modules and systems with the goal of developing improved test capability.
• Troubleshoot complex systems by engaging in advanced problem-solving and objective reasoning.
• Expert use of lab test equipment in identifying failed components
• Configure systems to guarantee desired functionality.
• Reprogramming of erased or corrupted programmable devices on boards.
• Write technical specification for a software developer to automate your testing and diagnostic processes.
• Propose, verify and document appropriate repair methods
• Work in sync with the purchaser to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Help facilitate production capabilities and processes in conjunction with management team.
• Provide component obsolescence solutions
A bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline or at least 5 years of relevant experience
• Understand common in-circuit diagnostic and re-programming methods.
• Capable and comfortable with using typical lab test equipment.
• Proven past embedded micro-controller development (hw, fw, build, configuration, test, and documentation).
• Deep working knowledge of basic electronic components, their function, main electrical parameters and typical failure modes. Know which parameters to measure and how to identify / confirm a suspected bad component.
• Solid working knowledge of both legacy and new ICs, both digital and analog, micro-controllers, interfaces and protocols.
• Ability to develop and document reliable diagnostics and test procedures
• Proven past embedded micro-controller development (hw, fw, build, configuration, test and documentation)
• Effective troubleshooting, proven capability of circuit design and prototyping.
• Experience working with PCBs in lab environment as well as troubleshooting / repairing electronic products.
• Able to provide useful input to the team and engage actively and constructively in technical discussions.
• Able to design alternative repair solutions using modern components as a replacement for obsolete parts in legacy systems
• PCB layout is an asset
• Expert in telecom Optical components, DWDM, Lasers, Optical system test, Optical automation
• Expert in telecom RF components, RF system test, RF automation